Friday, February 20, 2009

Libras on "Lucha Libre" and souveniers.



I saw my first Lucha Libre match last night. It wasn't very crowded, but I'd say there was a fairly good-sized crowd. I hadn't really realized how much audience participation was involved. It was a routine trick of theirs to throw each other out into the audience. I'd say whoever runs it was taking some chances when they had Mystico, their biggest star, loose.

I'd say it was worth it. They had some pretty awesome souveneirs. I got a red and blue mask with two eagles. I didn't see the luchador associated with it (if their is one). Earlier I bought a souvenier sun and moon at Universal, my language school, which often hosts various craft vendors. At the time, it looked like just the thing for one of our blank walls, but I'm not sure whether anyone back at home will want it. I mean seriously, a blue sun?

No comments:

Post a Comment