Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Quick Update

Okay, so right now I'm writing a paper on Martinez's excellent book: "Crossing Borders" so I don't have much time to talk about lessons concerning "high-context" v. "low context" society, touring the old Franciscan cathedral, my roommates (whose permission I need to publish their names) my fellow classmate who accedently ordered too many Coronas due to a garbled order in Spanish at an outdoor Salsa bar, or having local University Students lead me and a few others to a Gringo dominated hip-hop/pop club after one girl said she wasn't confident enough with Salsa. No, it's too late to write about any of those things. Buenas Noches, hope you enjoyed the teaser.
P.S. This blog will eventually have photos on it, just give me time.

2 comments:

  1. Remind me again on the difference between high-context and low-context societies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's sort of a new topic this year, thanks to our text by Mexican-Canadian and self described "Malinche" (she wants to reclaim the term) Betty Ramos. Just to clarify things, I think I'll write a new entry on that.

    ReplyDelete