Tuesday, January 27, 2009

About this blog

Okay, so first the title:
I´d originally intended it to be the title of my first alblum, an all-Spanish language release. I couldn´t think of a better title for my blog for my time in Mexico with CGE, so
FYI, ¨Idioto¨ is a far worse insult in Mexican Spanish than ¨Idiot¨ is in American English. One key concept of Betty Ramos, whose work I am now studying, is that words don´t usually ¨translate¨ directly because concepts are different. Gringo is a generic term for all foreigners. I heard that it dates back to ¨Griega¨ meaning ¨Greek,¨ although I am not entirely sure. You´ll be hearing that a lot from me. It´s why I chose the title that I chose.
So anyway, this blog is for those who want to follow my adventures in and around Cuernavaca and insights along the way without me having to forward the e-mail to everyone. Someone I know who once did this program told me that everyone should go and do it, so for many this may be the closest thing.
Signing out,
Ben Pounds

No comments:

Post a Comment